BIG DOG's GLUTAMINE IMPACT GOLD™ - TOP QUALITY GLUTAMINE
Glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid in our blood and body, a fact that already all by itself emphasizes Glutamine's importance for human health and athletic performance.
Muscle tissue consists to around 60% of Glutamine, which also makes Glutamine both the most abundant and the most indispensable component of a muscle protein. Glutamine supplies 35% of nitrogen to our muscles, which greatly promotes protein synthesis. When our muscles' nitrogen intake is higher than their nitrogen output, a positive nitrogen balance is achieved, which is ideal condition for muscle growth and fastest work-out recovery - our body is an anabolic state.
Glutamine is known to be a conditionally essential amino-acid. While the body is normally capable to manufacture enough Glutamine to meet the body's metabolic needs, intense training can deplete Glutamine levels to an extent that greatly exceeds the athlete's ability to produce sufficient amounts of this vital amino acid. To prevent such Glutamine depletion - just one hour of exercise can diminish the body's Glutamine levels by 40% -, supplementing with a premium quality L-Glutamine product such as BIG DOG's GLUTAMINE IMPACT GOLD™, can help maintain proper Glutamine levels under the most challenging conditions, which is extremely important for any serious athlete. After all, low Glutamine levels mean reduced strength, endurance and recovery; low Glutamine levels also adversely affect the immune system and other aspect of health.
L-Glutamine is not just the bodybuilder's or competitive athlete's supplement of choice for increasing muscle size, improving muscle metabolism, and preventing muscle break-down; the fact that Glutamine is continuously required throughout the human body to ensure optimum performance and to maintain general health, including the immune system, makes L-Glutamine a highly beneficial addition to everyone's diet.
As Glutamine is the specific amino acid, which our body relies upon far more than on any of the other amino acids, it should not come as a surprise that supplementing with L-Glutamine also brings about the most extensive benefits.
Key Benefits of BIG DOG's GLUTAMINE IMPACT GOLD™:
- Plays a key role in protein synthesis and improves protein metabolism by transporting nitrogen into the muscle cells;
- Helps increase muscle cell volume by keeping muscle cells hydrated, which is a powerful anabolic signal;
- Helps reduce muscle soreness and enhance muscle recovery after intense exercise;
- Minimizes breakdown of muscle tissue and prevents entering a "catabolic state", preserving the protein stores in the body;
- Can significantly increase growth hormone levels;
- Supports the immune system; works as an antioxidant, stimulates the immune system when needed, and reduces the incidence of illness;
- Supports gastro-intestinal health, helping to repair a leaky gut and intestinal ulcers by strengthening the intestinal walls;
- Reduces anxiety and protects the brain;
- Helps to control appetite and decrease the cravings for sweets and sugar, which supports fat loss and promotes increase in lean tissue.
HOW TO TAKE BIG DOG's GLUTAMINE IMPACT GOLD™
An effective daily dosage of L-Glutamine for the serious athlete is approximately 10 g to 15 g, divided into two or three individual servings of 5 g each. The recommended times for ingesting BIG DOG's GLUTAMINE IMPACT GOLD™ are morning, after exercise and at night before bed, best taken on an empty stomach, at least one hour before or two hours after a meal. Each serving of L-Glutamine powder should be dissolved in about 8 ounces of cool water. As BIG DOG's GLUTAMINE IMPACT GOLD™ is unflavoured, it can also easily be mixed into BIG DOG's recovery formulas, such as HYDRO IMPACT GOLD™ or HYDRO IMPACT PRO™.